Twitter praises the Knight’s Youngistan as KKR go off the mark in style
The age old pattern of passing the baton to the future leaders is what keeps the world going. What happens during the transition, can either be a Utopian Aura or be a deadly nightmare. Cricket has seen this paradigm shifts spanning decades and that has made some and even broken some of the teams. Without tilting much in the history of the beautiful game, the conclusion was all laurels for the mystical Knights and their youth brigade as they thumped the Sunrisers Hyderabad in a one sided contest. What makes this win special though, was how the projected special talents took the center stage and made the world enchant of the Cricketing Powerhouse that India has become off late.
For starters, a captain has finally won the toss and elected to bat first without considering the dew factor. For spoilers, the captains winning the toss has lost the game for the 7th time in as many games. Pat Cummins who was taken to cleaners the other night, showed the world his class with his regular test match lines and a ripper getting Bairstow early in the innings. And when Bairstow departs, SRH are effectively 4 down in an alternate universe. Warner and Manish Pandey then carried the team before Varun scalped Warner off and keeping things tight in the middle phase of the game. Dinesh Karthik then unleashed his weapon that had been in the sheath for the last two Years. Kamlesh Nagarkoti was a delightful prospect since two Years but Injuries kept him away from the game. He looked promising in his first game of the season and with 7 bowlers at his perusal and a struggling Saha, DK had very less to do on field. Effectively SRH were reduced to 141, a target which seemed a cake walk.
KKR having lost three quick wickets looked to be entering the danger zone but never did they panicked or looked like conceeding the game away, all thanks to the star of the night Shubhman Gill. The ease and fluidity with which he has paced this innings perhaps speak volumes of why he is so highly rated across the cricketing fraternity. Eoin Morgan too Joined the party and kept things smooth as KKR hammered the SRH ruhtlessly and added salts to the wounds of the Orange Army and their think tank who, it seems have a lot to do before it gets too late in the tournament.
Here are some key takeaways from the game:
- No Kane No Gain: SRH desperately need a stabiliser in the middle and there is absolutely no reason to bench Kane Williamson. He should walk straight back in when deemed fit. The woeful innings by Saha added too much pressure on a cruising Pandey and the innings went nowhere. KW could be the ideal bet at 3 even if that means dropping Bairstow or playing an Indian all rounder in place of Nabi.
- Dillematic Approach by SRH: Having picked up Abhishek and Priyam ahead of Saha last game should have meant for them to be promoted rather than try an Indian test wicket keeper at the prestigious 4 spot. His rustiness was apparent from ball 1 and 35 dot balls in the innings is a blunder you can’t get away with on most days.
- The DK position: Dinesh Karthik has now batted at 3 and 4 in both the games and that needs to be settled with a gameplan upon soon before DK the floater keeps failing like he has been. With the power hitting of Russel and Morgan to follow, the tactics must be around giving the power hitter enough deliveries.
- Narine and pacy bouncers: Sunil narine has been woefully caught off guard on nip back in short balls and that may be the mantra teams will try to stop the carnage he seemed to be causing regularly in the previous seasons.
- KulDeep Trouble: While the other half of Kulcha seems to be owning the IPL, Kuldeep Yadav is seen struggling with his line and lengths. With trying so many things, he ain’t doing himself any good and KKR would hope he puts his plan in place. May be a DK can take him up in his strides like MSD does in the Blues.
Here are some best reactions to the KKR win and praises to Gill for a smooth performance
With the one sided game done and dusted, we look forward to bringing you a mouth watering contest between two teams coming after a 200+ run posting. The game is set to play in Sharjah and hence the roller coaster ride is the best guess. Stay tuned.